Friday, May 22, 2009

The fake "evidence" regarding Dr. Mittag e-mail.

A few internet forums, namely topix.com and macedoniantruth.org, posted an e-mail, supposedly from the "Oxford Classicists Discussion Group" mailing list. Such a group is nowhere to be found online.

The e-mail showing as...

=?UTF-8?B?0Jw=?=
From: Peter F. Mittag peter.franz.mittag@uni-koeln.de

To: Oxford Classicists Discussion Group oxford.ssac.clarence.uk@barebones.usenetnext.co m
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
I was surprised to find my name on Miller's list. I would think of that as a typo, since most likely this was not an automated process (or it was an anomalous one!). But I haveto distance myself from the list. I am not its signatory and it isa farce if Miller could not get its instruments straight on the matter.I will contact him, likely via ESOP's email list and challenge him.I dislike the general tone of the letter, I think its a political no-win game.

peter.franz.mittag@uni-koeln.de



The supposed e-mail address of the group is "oxford.ssac.clarence.uk@ barebones.usenetnext.com".

In other words, the format is "mail@subdomain.domain.com".
The domain is "usenetnext.com" and it's non-existent, as a whois search shows.
http://www.who.is/whois/usenetnext.com/

In this universe, there is absolutely no way that a mailing list will function with an imaginary domain.

This is another shameless propaganda attempt, in order to discredit dozens of scholars supporting the historical truth about Macedonia and its greek character.

People spreading and supporting unsubstantiated accusations, based on falsified data, face the danger of being publicly humiliated

A mailing list can only function with a domain that exists.

Concluding, this e-mail is fake.

by PetrosM



UPDATE(23:10)

Vasko sent me the following information as regards the issue:



In this video, by FYROMian Sitel TV it is claimed that P. F. Mittag actually stated:

"I am surprised to find my name on the list....I have to distance myself from the list. I am not its signatory and it is a farce if Miller does not correct that. I don't like the tone of the letter. I think it is a political game without winner."

This is a screenshot of his statement:







This is the video-clip:

http://www.sitel.com.mk/?ItemID=1DC67A0D96DAEF45B7A28AC7E140FA0A

From the above is obvious that the FYROM is under falsification racing in order to discredit Mr Miller letter. Is not first time that Slavmacedonists produce propaganda in order to discredit scholars. No credible and objective historian in the world supports therts historical far fetched claims. Unfortunately for the nationalists from FYROM and her diaspora the ancestors of the Slavs of FYROM were almost universally regarded as Bulgarians up until the early 20th century .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentators have the exclusive responsibility of their writings, the material that they mention, as well as and the opinions that they express.